Tuesday, June 12, 2018

21

21 Things for a twenty one year old me and other 20-something girls out there




Here are 21 earned life hacks from the time I separated myself from home:

1. Not everything is for you, not everyone's with you. But it’s possible to have a little bit of everything, it just needs a little workout though.

2. Youthful years might fade soon, yet if you live gracefully, it’ll sure keep you hanging with the things you’ve done through your youthful years when you get older. It’s either laughing at them or crying over them.

3. You'll be having insecurities - normal, but being able to conquer these is rare and being able to get away from them is bravery.

4. Being a college graduate at nineteen while having earned a latin honor is a possibility. And I made it! At an early age, though some say a late bloomer am I, I’d still say I got alone to where I am now. And I’m enjoying life like I never had it before. It’s different of course; it’s only me now. 
I think there will be three stages of living life in terms of stages and ageing.
1.    When we were young and with our parents’ house.
2.   When we got a li’l older and we either rent an apartment, condominium or purchased a house and live to the fullest;
3.   When we become more mature and be with our own family and well, think only about family now. I might consider a fourth one, growing older with your grandchildren, picturing yourself in a couch or in a rocking chair and reading a book or listening to the radio playing music you used to play either with the person you were so in love when you were like, eighteen maybe? LOL

5. Hardship can be at the beginning or latter part.
A short explanation on this one is that no one starts big but if you think of starting big for something big already, then you should be ready for the consequences on the latter part. I mean, getting hard on the first part is hell, but in the long run, it'll be easier as you practice the do's and don'ts over time. Compared to getting all the hang of your dreams, you’ll end up being addicted to it (this is the bad part) or boosting your passion more (this is a good thing).

6. It's not always fate, it's also your choices and your faith with those choices that bring you to where you will be someday.

7. It's not what you earn that matters, it's what you save out of what you earn and how you build something out of it.

8. It's not the social media nor the people around you, it's just you baby. Adore you, be you. Now, think about social media as a channel for you to market how happy one person like you can be. Inspire, congratulate, admire, adore, ignore if beed be how people post for themselves. That’s how social media should work, I believe.

9. Never think that you're still young and that others should take care of you. At 21, knowing how to live independently should be the ultimate goal already. It is a must for a person not to think of life as a joke but a total ground where practical training is always applied. And I bet, the things that you’ll learn as you age are not from the things that you learn from school, it’s the things that you learn from yourself, other people and the things that happen around you.

10. Getting a life insurance is an option, though I now think of it as a necessity because I am looking forward to early retirement. Aside from considering it as an investment, you could turn out all that you’ve put there into a business.

11. Planning ahead is a smart choice. Yet I still am one of the millennials whose choices are vulnerable and whose decisions are easily changed, yet, the best of it is still doing something out of it.   I learned from someone that it’s not important what you went through before getting to where you want to be, what’s important is, you get to go where you actually planned.

12. Shop wisely. Dream of a car, a house, one day. Because the truth is, you're young and you've got the time to make it a point wherein you'll know more, better and be more absolute with the things you think about.

13. Having your own family is probably the cutest thing you could ever imagine. Why? Because babies are always adorable aren't they? I just don't know when they grow up. Haha!

14.These days are the most aggressive days according to most of the people I know that I'm even told by my parents to go slow and that I'm young (but I don't think I am already). LOL. Also, as much as possible, involve yourself in the big picture. The future. The fast paced industry. Deal with what's foreign to you and people that are in the same circle with you. If you belong, then you can be the big thing.

15. Just know that communication is definitely the way to explaining yourself up, your abilities and your personality. And when you're considered good at it, then you're in the market!
Second to that is dressing yourself up, matching it with confidence and style totally defines your character.

16. If you can, don't opt for 2 faces, you might get different sometimes, but don't make the change a big one. Make sure that it'll still be you.

17. While you're as young as seventeen, be a leader, be the theater producer, the theater actress, be the best actress in a lead role on an inter-college film making campus competition. Be it. Find yourself as early if possible. If not, again, always think that everyone has his/her own timeline.

18. Be the princess you've always been since you were born. You're a girl, girl. Therefore, you deserve all the beautiful things in life. And you have to make it yourself to have it personally designed, not imitated.

19. Be creative in your own way. I do write songs and do blogging, been doing these since seventeen. I don't get paid for it, I hope one time I will be, but I am contented creating and doing just like that right now.

20. Engaging in parties are absolutely not a sign that you're one of the trends. What about talking to adults and still be at pace with them even if they are talking about their kids and family? I think that would be better.

21. Be a bitch if you need be. Be knowledgeable enough, be insensitive enough of the useless talks of the crowd, be brave enough, just because, you're a young woman. Love enough (make sure to look before you fall) and be friendly enough that your presence brings real tense to everyone. And that makes you feel that your existence is important and that it’s a beautiful magic affair enjoying yourself, at 21.
 
Me on a staycation.
Me feelin' like a fairy in one of Calamian Islands

Dog lover island hopping in Coron.


P.S. check more of my pics on my IG @meaganmangoma. Thank you! 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment